Saturday, August 19, 2006

The Blogger Bug!

Now I have been blogging for a little over two months and im not the most prolific or intellectually stimualting blogger but together with my work and my love for blogging I'm afraid im going to turn into my friend here ---------------------------->
Sorry if it's abit gory but its really funny and true to the situation that most people who are studying or working find themselves in.I shall call him Bob, Hello Bob

I haven't blogged in more than a week due to my increasing workload and im already getting tremors! Now this may be an indication of my possible addiction to blogging or it may be a symptom of Parkinson's Disease, but the thrill of a new post, the enticipation of people commenting on my thoughts and the general freedom of voicing my opinion on a world wide forum makes having a blog worth it. Have I become a blog junkie or a blog extremist? What exactly am I?

Many of my friends wonder why in the blue hell do I blog? Why do I waste my time writing about things that most people don't give a damn about and only a handful read? I'll tell you why, its because In my opinion blogging is a theraputic experience which I throughly enjoy. Every single day during my studies I'm compelled to write in a formal and ordered way, and trust me I'm not very far away from Bob's heroics with the keyboard (well not exactly like that and im sure you get the point) but blogging gives me the authority to ramble about anything, whether it be coherent or not (well I hope its coherent). Blogging helps me relax, it calms the storm in my mind and gives me the ability to express myself on a platform which is global. Ofcourse I also relax through movies, music, games and going out with friends but sometimes I just have to write. Now this is by no way a paid for by Blogger post trying to indoctrinate people into using blogger in order to relax and no im not some yaahoo/hippie who has had abit of a bad week and is now advocating the virtues of blogology.

What do I intend to acomplish with ramblings? absolutely nothing, as far as im concern its my subjective opinion that has been tainted by my lifes experiences and my perpetual cynicism. If you don't agree with me there will be people who do, thats the beauty of writing there is always different opinions on the subject. If I offend, inspire or downright kill people through bad grammar and boring discourse than so be it whether it be through implication or fact.

People like me, and bob depending on how serious there keyboard injuries are will continue to expand the blog universe with useful tips and personal stories. The blogger bug has bitten me and I have a serious case of blogotitis (corny? yes I know) which I hope will continue for a while to come or atleast until PS3 comes out.

Kuwabara. Kuwabara
The Lone Writer

17 comments:

rah* said...

omg!! i love the gif. I'm such a freak, I keep watching it trying to predict when the blood's gonna come, then when the eyeballs are gonna pop...

Very pertinent points. I agree, blogging's a very cool way of self expression.

Keep it up, you're worth sparing a thought to *pun*
;)

sugar@gmail.com said...

ditto** my sentiments eggjacklee:)))

keep venting . . .

fida . .

Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said...

that eyeball reminds me of a scene from Hostel.

the blogger bug bites big.

mines turns a year at the end of the month.

Ruby :) said...

I concur, blogging is soothing, gives you a chance to vent all the anger, frustration etc to people that may not know you personally, but know you at a more intimate level through your blogging, since you can be truly honest in all that you discuss, and not be bothered whether anyone (friend or foe) will be offended if you are less than tactful in your discussions.

Anonymous said...

hmmmm...that .gif looks strangely familiar...i wonder where i have seen it before...oh wait i remember now... ITS WHILE I WAS LOOKING IN THE MIRROR!!!! who on earth videoed me hey??? come on own up now... LMAO!!!!! nice one bru...

Infinium
P.S. No i will not get a blog, cos thats what you and lestat must be thinking... hahahahahaha

rah* said...

lol infi get a blog, I'll start it up for you even. and LOL @ that being you, actually when I stare hard enough it begins to resemble you and a certain 70 million page little document?

PS on the video-ing thing, it wasn't me, I suggest you ask MoChi, he's close enough...

;p

Bilal said...

its a disease!
oh wait- could it be THE CURE!
tanx for the link dude: will return the favour...

Anonymous said...

hi, i'm from croatia!!
i want some help!!!
this summer i met boy from south africa. he trains waterpolo, and i supose that his name is giacomo bonevara. he came to split with his club. if anyone knows him please leave his number of cellphone or e mail. i would like to stay in contact with him. thx

Muhammad said...

oh my. that reminds me so much of me... excpet the blood ofcourse. And Saaleha's right... very hostel.

But the Blog Bug has far greater consequences within than without. we Write for ourselves more than we write for others... the thing to remember is that as soon as we lose sight of this fact, the game islost becuase it is far too easy to fall prey to untruth and bigotry when trying to write for somebody else other than yourself.

The nature of the beast I guess, and coming from JAmal badawi's Talk last night... This is the Blogger's greatest Jihad.

As in life... be true to yourself.

Wasalaam.

Muhammad Karim.

ngthatsme said...

heheheeh! love the gif too! did you make it? don't stop blogging. it's good to get your thoughts out there, to have a voice and be heard!

rah* said...

OMFW hahahahaha @ lana&paola
that's priceless...
1. I think google might help
2. Austria is the size of KwaZulu Natal(one of our provinces), Germany's the size of the Northern Cape
3. Do the math?
4. Water polo- sport- celeb- we're here at the bottom of the social order...
5.Name sounds Italian.
6.you SUPPOSE his name is?
7. I'm trying to get to 10 and now I'm stuck, Croatia's currency's almost the same value as ours, come and visit. You can bring a search party.
8.Your search - giacomo bonevara - did not match any documents. <---I did it for you.
9. I think you should move on with your life
10.That's close to the most glorious comment I've read on a blog, ever.

^^^ sorry about that, apparently I'm the only one that finds it funny at the moment...so i dunno..

Saaleha Idrees Bamjee said...

lol queen_lestat. i was gonna pop em an email and ask if they know Jan Evancovich, the dashing blue-eyed croat who stole my heart and life's savings.

Anonymous said...

well. we know it's funny, but he didn't stole our heart.. he's just pur friend. and we have a life, of course... not only do we have it, but we are also very cheerful and optimistic girls. and this is one of ours silly idea... you get it wrong ;) btw we know jan!!!

Anonymous said...

lol!
well i agree with the post.
blogging is a lovely escape route from the mundane and everyday :)

lol@lana&paola

rah* said...

bleh, was checking mail and the gif was calling me, I had to do the stare. The more I read it, the more I dig this post. There go the eyeballs...

MasterOfChi said...

Quote[PS on the video-ing thing, it wasn't me, I suggest you ask MoChi, he's close enough...]

The Master does not video he observes, ponders, advises, contorts, provokes, simplifies, justifies, mystifies conceptualizes and most importantly educates and provides due diligence where necessary.

This Public Service Announcement was brought to you by

The Master of Chi

Muhammad said...

*bangs head on keyboard*